"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

We are on the eve of celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. This will be my first time to not prepare the meal for a number of years. We have been vacationing, so my mother offered to have us come to her this time. In about half an hour we’ll be reaching her home in Hershey. We’ve been on the road for over twelve hours, so we are looking forward to soon being able to stop for the night.

With having a week away from home, it has given me some new insight. It’s been a blessing to be away from the normal stresses and strains of life – to relax and have no commitments. I even took a week off from writing, until now. :) I guess I’m finally at the point where I needed to get some things down on paper.

As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow, I find I have many things to be thankful and grateful for in my life. I praise God for my Savior. I’m thankful for my husband, who is especially dear to me. I’m thankful for my sons.

There are many other things as well – like the pleasure in sitting down and reading a good book, enjoying lunch with a dear friend, or the joy in having time away to gain a better perspective of things.

As we celebrate all that God has done for us, I pray that you too will take time to count your blessings. When was the last time you thanked God for all He has done for you?

No comments: