"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Joy!

I have been keeping a joy journal since late January. I often include it in my sidebar entitled Simple Joys. Even on the outside of my journal it says JOY. I found it at a craft store last Christmas. It is a reminder to look for how God moves or speaks to me throughout the day. Believe me, He's always there, it's whether or not we choose to be listening or filling our days with so many things, we can't hear Him.


Tonight I'm hosting my ladies Bible study group. We call ourselves Perfect Harmony. Whenever we are together, we experience joy. Even if one, or all of us are going through difficult times in our lives, somehow in the sharing and accountability we experience God's peace and presence. I always leave being blessed by our time in fellowship.

Joy has been a topic on my mind as of late. Perhaps because of experiencing freedom in being who God created me to be. I find myself humming and singing a lot throughout the day. For me that can be a diagnostic reading. The more joy I have, the more I hum and sing. Where are you on the 'joy meter' today?

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I really enJOYed reading this today !! Love the name of your Bible study group, too.

God bless,
Marilyn...in Mississippi