"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

In just a couple short days it will be 12 weeks since my husband had surgery to repair his fractured pelvis. We return to the doctor later this week to see how he is progressing and whether he can start putting his full weight on his leg. The days and weeks have blurred together. By next week it is likely that he will be able to return to work at least part time for a while.

He still has a long road of recovery ahead of him when it comes to his arm/hand healing. It could be anywhere from another three months to two years before he gets back full movement and feeling. Through it all we have felt the Lord's peace and strength upholding us. I have often had people comment to me about me being glad when my husband returns to work, and that never has been the case. I will miss him.

On this Father's Day I can't help but think of how proud I am of my husband for being a man of integrity. He has made a point to be an active part of our boys' lives. He helped out with Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts and even with swimming. I am blessed to be married to him!

Yesterday we celebrated our oldest son's graduation which will be in a week. I had several poster boards of photos of our son in the early years of his life. I smiled as I looked through and chose photos for this event. Many memories are portrayed in those photos. I couldn't help but think of all the things we have done as a homeschooling family. Many vacations were spent doing educational things together. I realize the sacrifices my husband has made so that I can stay home with our family.

So I salute you honey on this Father's Day, for all you do and for all that you mean to me. I know that we have been through a lot lately and times have been hard. But there is nowhere I would rather be than right by your side, serving the Lord together.

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I feel the same way about my husband.....there's no way I could have homeschooled our three kids without his full support! Praise God for godly husbands and fathers!

Marilyn