"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I had wanted to post this over the weekend, but things were kind of crazy. On Thursday evening my husband and I traveled to Hershey to stay at my Mom's house. She was staying at our house with our two boys. Friday and Saturday was the annual CHAP (Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania) conference. This was our 13th year to attend it.

We had a wonderful time away together, despite me locking the keys in my mom's house and her having to drive to unlock the door, get my purse and bring it to the homeschool fair. Sigh! I felt pretty stupid!

We always are inspired by the speakers as well as shopping for school curriculum for next year.

My husband and I arrived home late evening on Saturday. I was exhausted. Sunday was Mother's Day as well as my 43rd birthday. The photo was taken in our yard, after church. I hope to have some photos in a few days of my guys as well. We celebrated Mother's day for lunch and my birthday for supper. What did you do on Mother's Day?

2 comments:

Crystal Beavin said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and Mother's Day! I hope you learned a lot from the homeschool conference and are motivated to start fresh in the fall!

Crystal

Rachel Olsen said...

You looked beautiful!

Smiles ~ Rachel