"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, January 4, 2008

Goals

My thoughts continue to linger on the importance of making goals. I am reminded of Proverbs 29:18 which says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." I believe that God desires for us to have a vision, to make plans, and to look to the future. The most important thing to remember is that above all else, we seek His will and desires for our life.

I am currently reading Knit Together by Debbie Macomber. She says, "By focusing on our goals, we stay centered on what's important and are better able to sort out the distractions that try to slow us down. When we establish goals, we impact our whole future."

This year I feel that God is calling me to focus on my writing and step out in faith in areas concerning that. It's a scary thing. I hate rejection. But I am finding that in order to reach out and believe, I need to set my sights on what I can't see and trust that God will somehow bring the things about that are in His will for my life. The door won't open if I am not at least knocking and asking if I should enter.

What new areas in your life is God asking you to step out in faith and believe?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi there, I saw you at Lysa T's site and thought I'd say Hi. I like your goals for the year and I think many of them are the same for me. Sending off one article per month is an especially important goal for me right now. Though I agree that sometimes the path ahead is unclear, God is leading one step at a time.

Sisterlisa said...

My Pastor taught goals with that SAME verse the other night. Thank you for sharing this today. I know you'll do great with your writings!