"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, March 4, 2016

Ghost Towns

I've stumbled across some information while I was in the midst of researching the other night. I discovered an article about ghost towns in Kansas. I was trying to find a setting for a book I'm working on.


It listed all the towns in Kansas that are now ghost towns. Some only lasted for a few years after they were established.

Things like that get my mind stirring. Who lived there? What was the story of the people who resided there? What caused them to abandon their homes and livelihood and move somewhere else? What would have happened if they stayed?

Such is the life of a writer. :)

What do you think of when you see or hear of ghost towns?

No comments: