"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Be Still...

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 46:10
 
I was up early this morning so I could take a walk before the heat of the day begins. The temperatures were cool and a nice breeze was blowing. Typically when I walk, I have a walking buddy with me, but today she couldn't make it. Instead of lying in bed, or going back to sleep, I decided to get up and walk by myself.
 
I had time to commune with God while exercising. I returned to a quiet house. The only sound I can hear is the ticking of a clock and the noise of the keyboard as I type. Usually throughout the day I have Christian radio or music playing in the background.
 
As I experienced the quiet this morning, it made me wonder, how often are we still before the Lord? Or do we just rush through our 'prayer list of concerns' and then go about our day, never thinking about Him again until the next day.
 
I challenge you today to find time to be still before the Lord. Find a quiet place and see what He has to say to you.
 
 

No comments: