"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, July 26, 2013

A is for Adventure

A to Z blog hop at Patterings.



A is for Adventure. 

Today marks the first day of an adventure that a series of bloggers are working their way through together A-Z. Each week we’ll post something starting with a letter of the alphabet and proceed in sequential order. If you want to join in the fun, check out the blog hop below.

Our lives are filled with new adventures. Graduation, marriage, birth of a child, etc. So many moments that make up and fill our days. Our days overflow with a myriad of emotions, highs and lows, struggles and successes.

As you travel your path and begin a new adventure, don't forget to encourage someone along the way. Who has God placed in your path today for you to uplift and encourage?

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up as you are already doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11







15 comments:

Tom Threadgill said...

Great reminder about encouraging others, especially when they're going through those "not so great" adventures. Thanks for the post!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for the comment, Tom. Welcome. :)

Pencildancers said...

I've been looking at this from a little different angle this year. I started saying/thinking, "Let's see what God is going to do with this."
It's been interesting and even less stressful when I do that.
Adventure--brings to mind danger to me. :)
Blessings,
Diana

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks, for stopping by Diana.

I love looking for those God moments He continually sprinkles throughout our days.

Blessings,
Jodie

Patty Wysong said...

Adventure is a fun word! It makes me buckle up and hold on because although I love adventure, I'm a chicken at heart. LoL. Keeping our eyes open for others to encourage is a GREAT way to go along the journey! =]

So glad you're joining us, Jodie!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for stopping by, Patty. Thank you for starting us on this adventure. I can't wait to see where God takes us. :)

Blessings,
Jodie

J'nell Ciesielski said...

I love adventure, though the safe kind. Like a roller coaster, you buckle up and scream for 2 min then go sit on the sturdy bench with a funnel cake. A great reminder that the thrill isn't always about us.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Welcome J'nell. I'm generally not an adventurous sort. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Jodie

Susan Craft said...

Hi. Great advice about encouraging others. I look at my writing that way too. If someone reads one of my novels, my prayer is that they will be lifted up and encouraged in some way.

Barbara Lynn Culler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara Lynn Culler said...

I have a job that involves the unexpected happening. Not necessarily a pleasant adventure, but keeps me at the ready!

Sara Harricharan said...

What a fun take on this first letter. That is definitely right. The fun thing about adventures though, is that when you're actually looking for them, you find quite a few. Thanks for making me smile this afternoon.

Nancy K. Sullivan said...

Being on this "adventure" with Patty is almost as good as being in the van with Toby:) I love seeing the new blogs along the way. Great choice for the letter "A"

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for visiting Susan, Barbara,
Sara and Nancy. :)

Blessings,
Jodie

Karla Akins said...

Nice reminder to be an encourager! Thanks for reminding me. I'm off to write an uplifting note or two!