"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Full Dance Card

With the end of May soon approaching, I find my 'dance card filling' as a dear friend said recently. Today I finished my Apprentice writing course with Christian Writers Guild after two years and 50 lessons. I'm so thankful and excited that I was accepted into the Craftsman Advanced fiction writing course, starting in November. Lots of fun, excitement, and learning ahead of me.

I still continue to write for Home School Enrichment magazine. I've been writing a unit study column for them for three and a half years. Even though I have resigned from homeschooling, for now I will continue to write for them.

Last week I started writing a new Christian historical romance novel set in Kansas in 1875. This is a fun mail-order-bride book with lots of action, fun, and excitement. I think a novel is a continual process. I will soon start work on some more editing of my other novel. The key is learning how to balance everything as my dance card fills. I praise God for the opportunity to finally be writing full time. It's always been my desire and dream.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love mail order bride books! My story is also set in 1875. Perhaps we should compare notes on life in the US and Australia, during those exciting days.
Blessings
Dotti :)

Dorothy said...

I love mail order bride books! My story is also set in 1875. Perhaps we should compare notes on life in the US and Australia, during those exciting days.
Blessings
Dotti :)