"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, June 3, 2011

Choosing to Trust

It's been a challenge to keep up with my writing/blogging as of late due to health issues. It's been almost two months since I had surgery on my left shoulder. I feel I can safely say things are starting to progress with its recovery. My range of motion seems to increase bit by bit each week. The pain has subsided to more of a dull ache instead of sharp. Strength still remains an issue, but it will come with time and exercise.

My biggest concern as of late has been plaguing issues with my sciatic nerve. It's an issue I've had for the past 13-17 years, but usually can be avoided by not lying on the affected side. Unfortunately with having shoulder surgery, the only way for me to sleep at night is to be on the leg with sciatic history.

Then in the midst of all my health issues, my husband has been dealing with some of his own. Yesterday he found a deer tick on his leg, so we are praying it won't develop into Lyme disease. At times, the struggles we face can seem so overwhelming. But I have to remind myself not to focus on the circumstances, but choose to look to my Heavenly Father and trust Him. Some days I do pretty well with this...other days not so. I pray I will continue to grow in the area of trusting God and drawing closer to Him.

No comments: