"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, April 4, 2011

Catching Up

I've been wanting to write more blog posts lately, but haven't been able to due to experiencing shoulder pain. I'll keep this short, because of that. On Thursday I'll be going for surgery on my left shoulder to address two bone spurs and possible bicep tendinitis. The doctor will fix whatever else he finds once he gets inside. I'm looking at 2-3 weeks of being in a sling and 2-3 months of physical therapy.

 Before that happens though I need to finish reading a book and blog a review for Zondervan publishers, prepare for my ladies Bible study lesson (which I lead), complete two writing assignments, and a myriad of other odds and ends before heading for surgery. So if you happen to be reading this, I sure would appreciate your prayers. Other than my blog review later this week, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post in the next few weeks.

I am looking forward to getting back to writing/typing without being in pain. I know I have a long road of recovery ahead of me, but know God will be with me each step of the way.

No comments: