"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, March 17, 2011

He Restores My Soul

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul." Psalm 23:1-3a

I've been thinking about these verses lately. Actually lying down in a green pasture beside quiet waters sounds exceptionally comforting right now. Just thinking about it makes me ready for a nap. :) But the part I focused on, is where it says, "he restores my soul." I love the way God works in my life, when I allow Him to move without any hindrances. When He is given free reign to make me into the person He desires for me to be. Those changes don't come without pain and discomfort, but are much needed.

The past weeks have been that for me, the chipping away of areas of my life that aren't godly, and making me more like my Heavenly Father. I have been facing extreme physical pain lately, due to some health issues. But through those times of being weak and excruciating pain, God also has been performing an operation in my heart as well. Perhaps I've been more open to the moving of the Holy Spirit because of the pain. Either way, I'm thankful for the work God is doing. I praise God for His work in restoring my soul. May I continue to learn what it means to be more like Him. 

No comments: