"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Desire to Be Fully Known

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:11-12 


The concept of being fully known has been on my mind since I spent some time with a dear friend on Saturday. I can't help but believe that God has built into each of us the desire and need to be fully known and understood, but often we are afraid to reach out. The only person who can fully know us is Jesus Christ.

At times we seek this through relationships here on this earth as well, but often fear gets in our way. Perhaps we have opened up to someone, only to be hurt. So we hide our true thoughts and feelings, only willing to share bits and pieces. I can't help but think that this isn't the way God intended for our lives to be as believers in Christ. I think He wanted for us to have a much deeper fellowship, with Him and also each other.

It's not an easy place to be, allowing yourself to be vulnerable. I'm thankful that I serve a Savior who is faithful and true.

No comments: