"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, July 17, 2009

Catching Up!

It seems hard to believe that it has been almost a month since I was last able to post a blog entry. Things have been pretty busy in our household. My oldest son graduated from our homeschool, my Mom celebrated her 70th birthday, my husband has returned to work part time and we are in the midst of preparations for my youngest son to leave for China next week. I feel like my life has been a whirlwind lately.

I have been trying to squeeze in time as well to do some lesson planning for the fall. I still have a long way to go. Before long I will be sending my oldest over 1000 miles away to attend Pensacola Christian College. I already have started accumulating some items for him. I still have a ways to go. I only can buy a little at a time since we are on a reduced salary right now.

Here in PA we have had an unusually cool and comfortable summer so far. I have been loving it since I don't do well with heat and humidity. Right now it is raining, which means I won't need to water the garden today. As I picked up a few grocery items this morning at a retail store, I noticed the school supplies already lined up for fall. I ended up buying some supplies for my college bound son.

Fall is a favorite time of year for me - looking ahead to a new school year. Enjoying the beauty of the changing leaves. Walking in the crisp air and hearing leaves crunch underfoot. I always have enjoyed getting new school supplies - for my sons as well as for me too! :) It seems hard to believe that I only have three more years of teaching homeschool with my youngest son...

I know the next week will be busy with getting my son off to China, so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to write, but soon hope to be a little more regular with my entries. Will you please pray for my son as he will be gone for 18 days. I pray that God will use this trip in a mighty way in his life, to draw him closer.

Blessings to you all!

No comments: