"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Prayer and Praises

I can't believe September is almost 3/4 over already. My days seem to be a whirl lately. The first half of the month was spent finalizing my manuscript. Whew! I breathed a sigh of relief when I officially called it completed....at least for now and mailed it off. The past week or so has been a flurry of trying to get caught up with everything else that has been on hold the past few months - definitely not something accomplished in a short period of time.

Last week I had a laser procedure on my right eye, trying to reduce the pressure. Tomorrow I'll be having the same procedure on my left eye. Hopefully it will help. I found it much more painful this time. I had the same thing performed last year too. I also have experienced a bit more blurriness too. So I pray it will make a difference.

I praise God for His strength and help even when we are weary and burdened. I admit to being nervous at times, especially if they can't come up with a way to reduce my eye pressure, it could very well lead to glaucoma. But through it all, I'm learning more about relying upon God. He's always there for us. I'm so thankful....I'd be lost without him.

No comments: