"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blessing Upon Blessing

"Surely you have granted him unending blessings
and made him glad with the joy of your presence." Psalm 21:6


It's been a week of blessings in so many ways. Last Saturday we had a wonderful time visiting with my husband's family. It had been almost fourteen years since I had the opportunity to visit with his aunts. We had a great time catching up with each other. We also were able to spend time with my in-laws and my husband's grandmother. I was reminded of the blessing of family. We came home from our visit with our hearts full.

Monday evening I had a great time out with my Bible study ladies. We ate dinner together and had fun sharing our hearts. They always cause me to laugh and come away feeling blessed. These women are precious to me.

Tuesday was a harder day for me, with having a laser procedure on my right eye. I had the same thing a year ago, but it was much more painful this time. I have several risk factors for glaucoma - high pressure in my eyes, am extremely near sighted, have thin corneas and also a high amount of pigment in my eyes. The one positive thing from this day was my dear friend drove my to the appointment and kept me company as we waited in the waiting room. She's such a blessing to me.

Wednesday I was able to finalize my submission for a writing contest. What a blessing to see my year of writing and researching come to full culmination. God blessed me in so many ways through lots of different people in this long process.

Today I spent most of the time with my dear friend who took me to the eye doctor earlier this week. We went to a local food discount store and then returned to her house for lunch and a time of visiting together. She is such a special woman to me.

This evening I prepared a special candlelit dinner for me and my husband. Then we sat down to enjoy popcorn and a movie in our living room. He is my very best friend.

I can't help but reflect on the many blessings God bestows upon us each day, even in the midst of difficult times. If you look hard enough, you'll find those blessings.

1 comment:

Janice said...

We are all so blessed. It is so important to reflect on the blessings, big and small, daily and give the praise & honor to our Lord daily.

You are such a blessing to me!