"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day Three - Thankful for Challenges

You might think I'm crazy saying I'm thankful for challenges. Believe me, I don't enjoy it when I go through rough times in my life... but yet, it is often those difficult times that cause me to grow, change and expand into being more that God wants me to be.

The past eight months have been a series of challenges for me and my family. Each time I think that things are finally looking up, we get hit with something else. Lately it has been physical ailments that I have been experiencing. But through it, I pray that God will use me in a way that I couldn't experience if things were going smoothly.

So for today, I am choosing to be thankful for the challenges that I face in my life and I pray that God will use them in a mighty way, to show others His love. I'm choosing to SHINE where He has placed me, even when the road may be difficult.

No comments: