"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 16, 2009

The Blessings of Home

It is 41 degree outside and I am snug and warm in my home. It's been a cool, rainy day. It was a busy morning with a homeschool co-op that my son and I attend every other Friday. I usually help out with the candy making class, but this time I had to lead it since the regular teacher was sick. I usually am quite content to be the helper, and am not fond of having to teach, but today that wasn't an option. I think it went all right. I taught them how to make chocolate peanut butter fudge and cream mints.

After co-op completed, my son and I ran a few errands on the way home. I needed to pick up a few more skeins of yarn at Wal-Mart. They were clearancing some of their yarn for only $1.00. I have decided to make an afghan and needed a little more yarn. I also was looking for size 17 circular needles for a possible afghan pattern. They didn't have them at Wal-Mart, but fortunately Jo-Ann Fabrics was close by, so I was able to pick up a pair there. As we were leaving the store to head home, I was surprised to see that a new Hobby Lobby had just opened across the street. I guess it only opened a few days ago. So we headed over there to browse as well. My son found some projects that he can use to make Christmas gifts. We had fun just looking around together.

Now we are back home again. I have on my warm fleece pajamas, a cup of mulled cider, and am ready to be in for the night. I love those times of being at home. We probably will have a pizza and movie night. When the movie is completed I will curl up with a good book, and also work on a knitting project or two as well.

I guess I am a homebody by nature. I do enjoy being out some, but my first choice is to be at home. I especially love to curl up with a good book, a hot cup of tea, and snuggle under the covers. We keep our house pretty cool in the winter, so we usually pile on the blankets when we are sitting around. I also love working on crafts. I haven't done that in quite a long while, and I am just now beginning to realize how much I missed it.

I hope today's blog finds you with the opportunity to enjoy being at home. Relish in that time to just kick back and relax with your loved ones. Have a great weekend.

No comments: