"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year End Musings

It is mind boggling to me that today is the last day of 2008! Where has the time gone?

This time of year is usually time of reflection for me as well as looking ahead to the future and planning for things I would like to do differently. As I look back over this past year I notice that it was a difficult year for me. Despite that, I have managed to do much better with taking care of our finances - recording, filing, balancing checkbook, etc. I also have consistently worked at keeping my kitchen sink clean and shining. It always makes me smile when I see it in good shape and not filled with dirty dishes.

I haven't done as much writing as I would have liked to this year and hope to improve that in the coming year. I have been organized in some areas and totally disorganized in others. Hopefully I'll be able to have a better balance for 2009.

This next year will bring a son going far away to college as well as a possible mission trip for my son and husband to China. We already know about oral surgery that one son will need as well as some extensive dental work for my husband too. I would love to go to the She Speaks conference in North Carolina this summer but don't know if we'll be able to handle it financially with everything else, especially with the way the economy has been.

I think this is the first time that I don't have a definite plan or written thoughts of what I want to do differently. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. I just pray that God will be with us throughout the year and that He will guide us each step of the way.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: