"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, July 17, 2015

A Shot in the Arm

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Have you ever had one of those days? I remember all the years I took my boys for injections. They hated getting that shot in the arm because of the pain it caused. When they were little they couldn't understand how the procedure would be helpful in the long run in preventing them from catching various diseases.

I was having a discouraging day. I went for a walk and cried out to the Lord for direction. I came back home and read through emails that had been accumulating in my inbox. Through various writers declaring why they write, it provided the 'shot in the arm' of encouragement to me that I needed. Something I'd been lacking.


While I have those time of pain from the sting of 'a shot', I can rely on the fact that God is working even when I can't see results. He promises to strengthen, help and uphold. We have no need to fear or be discouraged.

What truths has God been showing you lately?

No comments: