"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Step Back Into History

All of my growing up years, I hated history. Well, that isn't exactly true. I disliked trying to memorize dates for a test and trying to figure out how it all fit together. Now as an adult I find the 'stories' in history utterly fascinating.

I recently have been having fun digging into this newspaper.
Although I haven't actually started the writing process yet, I know I'll include a scene or two from this local university.
I enjoyed seeing this picture when I visited my local historical society a week ago:
What fascinates you about history? Have you ever dug into any of the local stories from where you live?


No comments: