"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Diligence

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14

I've been thinking about diligence today as I've been busily working on writing my novel. The end is beginning to be in sight, even though I still have about 12-13 chapters remaining. It's one of those things I know in my heart is going to happen at sometime soon in the near future. If all goes according to schedule, by this time next month I will be typing my last words.

I heard a lesson this morning about Abraham as he waited on God to fulfill his promise to give him a son. He waited many years before he saw fruition of that hope, dream and promise fulfilled. He remained steadfast and didn't waver in his trust and belief in God.

My prayer for this year is to remain faithful to the things God has shown me and called me to do, even when the path may seem uncertain at times. May I have the diligence to press on to the goal that God has instilled in me.

No comments: