"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some Fear and Trepidation, But Also Excitement

By this time tomorrow I will be at my hotel in Indianapolis, IN awaiting the start of the American Christian Fiction Writer's Conference. I awoke this morning (shortly after 4 AM) with some fear and trepidation. I started racking my brain, asking myself how I'll respond if/when someone asks about what my book is about. Then I started thinking of all the things that need accomplished today. I ended up being awake for quite a while. I jotted some thoughts for how I would respond to people, and started praying.

I am very excited for this opportunity to have further training and connecting with other writers. I pray that my heart will be ready and open for what God wants to show me and teach me. I also pray that I will be a blessing to those that I meet. I'll be eager to share about my trip when I return next week. Blessings to you all!

No comments: