"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Laughter - A Light Thought For The Day

"a time to weep and a time to laugh,
       a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:4  

I had an enjoyable time with a couple friends this morning, as well as phone conversation with my friend in Georgia. After getting off the phone this afternoon, I realized how light my heart felt. In both instances I had the opportunity to laugh and enjoy their presence. Some people even say that laughter is a type of medicine - therapeutic and helpful.

I think we often take things too seriously in our lives. Don't get me wrong, I know you may be in the midst of a very difficult situation, that is extremely serious. But I also realize that it is important to cut loose and relax a little more often, and to not take myself so seriously. I think I have been able to find more of a balance between the two as of late. I can't help but feel that part of it has been my seeking out God's will and desire for my life and radically following the passions that He has given me. Even in the midst of difficult situations that spring up from time to time, I still return to and rest in the peace that God has given me. When I'm at peace, I'm more readily able to relax and laugh! 

No comments: