"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tea Drinking Friends

Last night was our last 'official' Bible study of the season. It was bittersweet as we finished discussing Lysa TerKeurst's book Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl. Our times together the past several months have been opportunities for growth and sweet fellowship.

I am looking forward to the break of having to prepare lessons as a leader. I am excited that we still plan for times to get together over the summer months. These ladies have become a group of real encouragers for me and I praise God for each of them. There has been many times when God has used them to lift my spirits.

One thing has characterized our time together - drinking hot tea. We experienced a variety of flavors each time we met. I couldn't help but think about this most of today. Last night one of the girls shared The Tea Lover's Devotional by Emilie Barnes with each of us.

For me, tea drinking friends (or coffee for those who prefer it) are ones that take time to really get to know who you are and still appreciate you! :) They are the ones that cheer you on when you get discouraged. When you feel overwhelmed, they tell you that 'you can do it.' When you are tempted to put yourself down, they are there to build you up. They are with you through the highs and lows of life. Most importantly they spur you on in your relationship with Christ.

I am blessed to have several of these 'tea drinking friends' in my life. I praise God for each and every one of you.

No comments: