"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Food For The Day

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

I read these verses this morning in my daily devotions. It is one that I have read many times before, so it isn't anything new. But somehow it struck me in a different light this time. Perhaps it is because of the various trials that I am going through right now. I don't really know.

It amazes me that when our hearts our open and receptive as we read God's Word, that He opens our eyes to see the food (bread) that He has for us for that day. Each day has different needs, and so in turn, He provides a variety of food. But the important part, is having an open heart to what He desires to show you.

What 'food' has He given you this day?

No comments: