"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of Year Reflections

I would like to say that this past month has been a blur, but actually this past year has been a blur as well. This year has been one with major health concerns for our family. I still am facing some myself that we don't know what will be the outcome. I continue to think of the prayer I prayed a few months ago in correlation to a verse in scripture. "until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ." Ephesians 4:13-15

Since I have prayed that prayer about being more solid in my faith, I have faced many different health issues. I guess I am still in process of learning this lesson though since the health issues haven't ceased. :) Isn't that typical of us...we desire to learn and be changed but don't always enjoy the process it takes to get to that new level of faith.

So with not knowing what I face in the weeks and months ahead, I still choose to place my trust and faith in the Lord. I am thankful that He knows everything about me and that He is always there for me. May I be a beacon that points others to Him as I learn to grow to be more like Him!

No comments: